Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bloomin' Tuesday...Pansies


A month and a half ago when cold weather and snow were still a very real possibility along the front range of Colorado, I planted a large pot of pansies and put them by our front door. We were anticipating our son's wedding the end of April, and I determined pansies might be the only flower that could withstand a cold snap. The pansies flourished...


Since then, I've moved the container to my backyard and put it under the shade of a locust tree.


I'd never considered potting pansies in the past. I don't know what the heat of the summer will bring because pansies aren't heat tolerant, but I hope they will last through the summer until cooler weather prevails in the fall. Here's a top view of all the colors of pansies we have planted in this container...


Last year I planted succulents in the birdbath in our tiered garden...


Although I loved the look, none of them lasted through the winter, and I decided I wanted a little more color this year. So... more pansies were installed in the birdbath...


Our birdie doesn't seem to mind the change.


Wishing you a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Gail Wilson said...

love the succulents, but the pansies are just beautiful!!!

happy summer!

gail

Reno said...

The pansies are beautiful! On the flip side, my succulents last all winter but my pansies only last until May-ish.