Saturday, October 26, 2013

Herringbone Wall...


This week I've been working on an accent wall in our basement rec room. I'm getting there. I have two coats of colored paint on the herringbone pattern already done. I just need to put one more coat on the dark salmon and the yellow to finish it up...


These are not colors that I'm normally drawn to, so I've been a little unsettled about this project. I've committed to the colors though because I want this rec room to be a fun, playful place for the grands. I think these colors play to that.


I'm really hoping the paint hasn't seeped up under the tape. I ran a coat of white paint on the tape to seal the edges before I started with color, but if that didn't work on this textured wall it is going to be one hot mess! Wish me luck. The tape will come off later today after all the paint dries.



7 comments:

Kathy said...

That looks brave, but I think it will look awesome. Wishing you major luck with the no paint bleed

Chris said...

Oh my goodness Suzanne, you are one brave soul!! Talented too but awfully brave!!! :) I can not wait to see the finished results, such a cute idea but I would NEVER attempt it. I hope it turns out perfectly and inspires lots of fun play time for all the grandkids!! :) (And the grandparents too!!:))

Reno said...

Good luck- but I bet it will be okay. The wall looks great!

Samantha Curtis said...

I hope it turns out! That will look SO good!

margaret said...

this is a major project and looking excellent, can`t wait to see it with the tape removed, have my fingers crossed for you

Gail Wilson said...

keeping my fingers crossed too, although I'm sure you've uncovered all of the colorful goodness by now! :)

gail

Pam the Goatherd said...

I like the way it looks with the tape on it!