Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our Own Worst Critics...


Are you hard on yourself? I know I am. Dove posted on Monday a three-minute ad geared to change the way we look at ourselves. It had that affect on me. You might want to watch it.

Below the video they said this in way of explanation:
"Women are their own worst beauty critics," Dove says. "Only 4% of women around the world consider themselves beautiful ... we decided to conduct a compelling social experiment that explores how women view their own beauty in contrast to what others see."



Do you see yourself a little differently
after watching this video?

 

6 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Oh, thanks, Suzanne, for sharing that video. It was very moving...made me teary. I think the setting and the photography in the video was also very beautiful.

Kate said...

Suzanne, thank you so much for sharing this. I hope it's being shown to young ladies (10+) to give them good self esteem. It reminds me that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"!

Jenny said...

This is so powerful! It wasn't even my pic & I could just feel their pain.

Of course, all the women in the video are physically beautiful. I do realise that our attitude & spirit affect our physical beauty but some of us really aren't physically pretty. I'd like to see how it went if they had used more socially/physically unattractive people. They were fairly safe in the choices of women.

Kathleen OGrady said...

Wow! Thanks you so much for sharing this, it really got to me. It is so true about how hard we are on ourselves. I will be turning 50 in January and I feel a bit of a loss for time gone and not looking how I think I should. I am not fat at all but am always wanting that look I don't have. It is a shame we don't appreciate the beauty that we have more and focus on it.

The Patchsmith said...

This is very poignant. My daughter is always telling me to be kind to myself. How did we get this way? We are our own worst critics instead of being our own best friends!

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

Impressive and touching. Thank you for sharing this video. I loved the message, truly inspiring and eye opening.