Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Odds 'n Ends...


If you judged how I was doing by how many blog posts I've published recently, you'd think I had dropped off the face of the earth. My blog has not been a priority. Two things are at fault -- I've been busy with life and I'm in a creative slump. The second usually follows the first. One needs time to create. ;o) One of the reasons I've never advertised on my blog is because I don't want to be beholden to anyone. That way when life gets busy or my creativity wanes, I don't have to feel guilty when I let my blog slide.

My husband and I just got home from a long weekend in North Carolina. We had a wonderful time with two of our adorable grandchildren and my daughter and her husband...



Today I started painting the hallway on the main floor of our home. If it seems like I've had a lot of painting projects lately, I have. It's always good to get a fresh coat of paint on the walls. I'm also getting quotes for the painting of our two-story entryway. When I was young and naive I painted it myself. It's a wonder I didn't leave my children motherless with that little escapade, but I was young and I never even considered paying someone else to do it. Not only have I gotten a little smarter in my old age, but we also have a little more disposable money now that our kids have left home. I'm grateful.

We are also going to start our fourth bathroom redo next month. I've been in the process of choosing new flooring, bathtub, counters, vanity and all the fixtures the last couple of weeks. All the old will go. I'm excited to start the process of reconstructing and updating our last bathroom.

Hopefully things will slow down a little in the next month and my creative juices will start to flow again. I have a few projects up my sleeve, and will try to get them down on paper and through my sewing machine within the next few weeks.

Have a nice day!