Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Zoey's quilt...


No grandchild is more special than another, but being the first grandchild puts you in a little different category. She was the first miracle of the next generation, so I naturally had a little more time with Zoey in her early years. That created a special bond between the two of us, and, simply put, I adore her. She's in her early teens now, and she follows my Facebook page and blog.... soooo "Merry Christmas Zoey!"


I knew I needed to make this girl a more grown up quilt that might last through her teenage years. Her favorite colors are teal, turquoise and lavender and she loves baby animals. I think I checked off a few of her boxes when I created this quilt just for her...


I had most of these fabrics in my stash, but bought a few to supplement. One of the fabrics I bought is this gorgeous Tula Pink Chipper Fox Nap fabric in sorbet!


She had mentioned she liked baby foxes, so I built the quilt around this fabric -- using teals, turquoise and yellow fabrics with lots of white.


People often ask if I do the quilting myself. Nope. I employ a longarm quilter who does a fabulous job. Having the quilts professionally quilted makes all the difference. Here's an example... the photo on the left is the pieced top and the photo on the right is the top after it was professionally quilted. Quite a difference, eh?


I used a fun swirly pattern for the quilting this time...


For the back of the quilt I used white Kona cotton and some scraps from the front. Very simple...


I've only got four more quilt tops that I need to make to be finished with the grandkid's quilts for Christmas. I've got five quilts at the quilters and three ready for the quilter. I'm slowly ticking off these quilts! Oh... and did I mention I have another grandbaby due in November? Yup.  Just in time to receive a quilt from grandma for Christmas!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Another beauty, Suzanne!